I started off by cutting out the three caps, then the three stems. I used a small square of fusible web to attach each piece to the front panel of the pouch to keep it in place while I sewed. I decided to do raw edge appliqué, doing it FMQ style rather than super careful and perfect. I have really liked the way that has looked on several projects I have seen around.
I really like the way they turned out! The FMQ appliqué adds a touch of whimsy I think. I decided to do it in black so it would stand out and also pull in the black from the zipper. I FMQ’ed her name on the back of the pouch, but I can’t show you that because if she happened to see it, it would spoil the surprise!