This was my test block in my colors to see if what I was thinking would transfer into an actual block. I LOVED it but.... it was too small. By like 1/2 an inch. Grrr..
So I came back about a week later and decided to thicken the strips to make it wide enough. When I was pulling scraps for the first block, greys and greens, I realized that if I did 6 strings that were thicker I wouldn't have enough fabric of the ones I wanted to use, hence the altered pattern. I still think it looks good and it was quicker so I guess it'll work for now.
This one is for lel6419 (Laura). I cut the fabrics for KvarnAnna (Anna's) black/grey/white today and will finish that one tomorrow.