Thursday, December 29, 2011

3x6 Bee Blocks in Progress!

So today after I had figured out what kind of block I wanted to do for the 3x6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee I started on the blocks for my Bee Mates. Go Hive #3!!!

This was my test block in my colors to see if what I was thinking would transfer into an actual block. I LOVED it but.... it was too small. By like 1/2 an inch. Grrr..



So I came back about a week later and decided to thicken the strips to make it wide enough. When I was pulling scraps for the first block, greys and greens, I realized that if I did 6 strings that were thicker I wouldn't have enough fabric of the ones I wanted to use, hence the altered pattern. I still think it looks good and it was quicker so I guess it'll work for now.

3x6 Sampler Bee Q4 for lel6419


This one is for lel6419 (Laura). I cut the fabrics for KvarnAnna (Anna's) black/grey/white today and will finish that one tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting block! I really like the test one -- it's too bad you couldn't just graft a little on the end. :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both blocks, but I also really like the test one, boo for shortness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...